A startup doesn't know what doll and boring moments are. Everyday we work from early in the morning till late in the evening on the most complex and diverse problems. Our mission? Making 60 minutes the standard shipment time for packages around the world.
As a designer at Packaly your responsibility is to be the identity and bones of the company. You not only work on the look and feel of our applications but also improve the User Experience of our platform. Together with our development team you are the backbone of the product team, making sure that every new release looks more stunning than before.
We offer all our positions the best care and the most responsibilities you can wish for. We believe that if you are an intern or a long-term member of the team you still got the knowledge and expertise to change the way Packaly operates every day. This should not be limited to boring spreadsheets and administrative work that makes you less happy day by day. Our core focus is too improve the way you work, improve your skillsets and get you ready to rumble.
Still triggered and interested to join the team? Lets continue!
These are your main responsibilities:
- You will work closely with the marketing team and make sure that we deliver the necessary designs for the campaigns on our social channels.
- You will work closely with our development team and make sure that we improve our UX and designs of the platform on time.
- You contribute to the end-to-end lifecycle of features, from concept to deployment to metrics.
- The design department is under your watch. Together with our CEO you make sure that everything makes sense, and is more than just a marketing message.
- You are always on a quest to find ugly pages, features and create new designs that we can implement as soon as necessary.
- You participate in our discussions on product and architecture.
- You are the person leading and making decisions in the design department.
Cool, you are still there? Bravo!
It's good to know what kind of culture we have at Packaly. We are a startup, which means that you just need to watch all seasons of Silicon Valley and you are up to date... No, just kidding. Here are 3 examples that probably will explain our culture best:
- We don't have a 9:00 till 17:00 mentality. Our CEO starts his day at 6:00 with a run, where our CTO starts his day at 9:30 with the standup from his living room when he is working from home. We don't mind working from home, just make sure that you don't miss your standup meeting at 9:30 or any other meeting that is planned for your day.
- It's 16:30, Monday afternoon and the sun is doing his thing pretty well today. Time to grab some cold beers from the fridge and join the rest of the team for a quick recap of the day, latest news or latest Netflix episodes that keep you busy at night. There is plenty of time to work over a day, we just want to make sure that you finish your tasks without a burnout!
- Last minute appointment with a friend, need to leave the office earlier than you expected? We don't take track of time, we take track of tasks.
Sounds pretty straightforward to me. When you onboard to the team you will be handed all the information you need on a silver plate with your name on it... We call it: The Silver Notion Plate.
This is what we offer you:
- Open vacation policy. We don't mind how many days, just check with your team that the work still gets done. We do not count vacation days.
- Free lunch, tea, coffee, snacks, soda or whatever you fancy!
- Working from home? No problem, just let your team know on time. We make sure that we are in the office when we have meetings. If not, let the team know a day before and feel free to work from home.
- Relaxed, informal ways of working and sociable colleagues. Every week we have drinks with the other internationally oriented residents and there are plenty of events happening all year round.
- A great network of influencers, potential lifetime friends, talented geeks and promoting connections.
- FREE SPOTIFY to listen to the Packaly Spotify Office tunes
- A great amount of money for an internship
- A great office in the center of Utrecht
- The ultimate skillset to make amazing illustrations and Vector images. We love flat and clean designs. This is something we rate very high on, add them to your application.
- Great understanding of design expertise and programs like Adobe XD, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Illustrator and more.
- Experience in Adobe programs.
- A keen eye for design and user experience. You're able to translate product ideas into fully functional features and marketing deliverable opportunities.
- Experience in a similar role or the drive to learn on the go.
- Not a 9:00 to 17:00 mentality
- Enough rest before you start, because this is going to be one hell of an awesome ride!
- Ready for a fast-paced flexible work invironment
- You have a valid EU work permit and live in The Netherlands (or are willing to relocate).